Teaching at Beacon
The Beacon School offers excellent career opportunities to teachers who wish to join a learning community in a progressive and challenging environment.
To engage students to develop inquiring minds, cultivate talent, and demonstrate a commitment to service, requires faculty members who are lifelong learners themselves.
As an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, Beacon provides a stimulating and collaborative teaching environment supported by access to professional development opportunities and a network of colleagues in over 2000 schools internationally as well as online resources.
Beacon offers a salary and benefits package that is very attractive in the context of local private schools in Manila.
If you are interested in teaching at Beacon, we accept resumes throughout the year, and begin staffing for the following academic year from February – April.
We seek candidates who have:
- As basic requirements
- LET certification
- Three – five years prior teaching experience
- Strong verbal and written skills in English
- As essential qualities
- A commitment to lifelong learning
- The ability to motivate students to work to high standards
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment
- The ability to communicate constructively with students, colleagues, and parents
- A commitment to school improvement initiatives
If you wish to apply for a teaching position at The Beacon School, please submit to the HR Office your:
- A letter of application, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are well- suited for the position advertised.
- Current resume/CV not to exceed two pages.
- College transcripts
- Contact details (email address, phone number and current school position for a minimum of two references. Referees will be required to complete a confidential reference form. Referees should be a line manager to whom you report who can knowledgeably talk to your professional practice. One such reference should be from the current Head/ Principal of the School.)
- NBI Clearance certificate not older than 2 years. All employees are required to undergo relevant background checks to be compliant with our Child Protection policy.
- Recent photograph
- Suitably qualified candidates should send the information listed above in a single PDF file.
Email to: [email protected]
Tel: (632) 8840 – 5040
The Beacon School
2266 Central Square Chino Roces Ave.
Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines 1231
The Beacon School does not ask or require teaching candidates to send money for interview fees, visas, plane tickets or other costs associated with recruitment. We do not ask potential teachers for information related to bank accounts. If you have been asked by anyone claiming to be part of The Beacon School, or another school, to send money to cover such costs, you are likely the target of an elaborate scam. Recently some schools have had their websites cloned and candidates requested to send large sums of money.
The Educational Assistant shall be involved in actual teaching roles of either small groups or the whole class. Being part of the grade-level team, the educational assistant is expected to actively participate in planning and evaluating the classroom/grade-level programme.
- Bachelor’s/College Degree in Elementary, Education, BSEED
- 1 year to 2 yrs teaching experience
- Passed the Licensure Exam for Teachers (LET)
- With PRC Identification Card
- Must have excellent command of the English Language
The Beacon School adheres to international norms for equal opportunity for employment and assignment in which individuals are selected and treated on the basis of their relevant merits, abilities, attitudes and skills.